MedicalPPO 2 Plan
Employees who were hired or rehired on or after 1/1/2022 are required to remain on HMO Plan for 5 years. Current employees enrolled in the PPO 1 (Non-Contributory), PPO 2 (Contributory), or High Deductible Health (HDHP) plans can move to the HMO plan if desired.
Opting out of the District Sponsored Medical plan can save you money! You may receive up to $1,200 annually. Meet with a Benefit Counselor to learn more.
Health Transparency Machine Readable Files:
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed- amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
How It Works
This is an open access plan that does not require you to choose a primary care physician. You may choose the physician of your choice. However, to receive your maximum benefit, you should select an in-network doctor from participating Florida Blue, Blue Options (Network Blue) providers found at www.floridablue.com.
Plan Details Include:
- There is a cost for Employee-Only coverage
- Employees have the freedom to choose an in-network or out-of-network service provider at the time of service
- Deductible and coinsurance applies to all services that do not have set copays; for example:
- Inpatient and outpatient hospitalization
- Ambulatory surgical center facility
- All out-of-network services
- Coinsurance and copays (including Rx) count towards the maximum out-of-pocket limit
- Medical Flexible Spending Account available (Employee Contributions Only)
- PayFlex Card accounts will not roll over the amount elected in the prior plan year
Note: If you wish to contribute to the Medical FSA, you must make that election at your enrollment session. Prior year contributions are not going to automatically roll over.
PPO 2 Plan Bi-Weekly Contribution Rates
|PER PAY EMPLOYEE DEDUCTIONS
|Employee & Spouse
|Employee & Child(ren)
|Employee & Family
|Health Savings Account
|Medical FSA/PayFlex Card
|Employee Contributions Only
Get the App
Access your insurance and the tools to help you use it anytime, anywhere with the mobile app.
Medical Plan Benefit Comparison Chart
- if you do not have dependent coverage and are not making changes to your current benefit elections and you do not make employee contributions to an MFSA, DFSA, or HSA, your current benefit elections will automatically carry forward to this plan year
- ID Cards – You can print a temporary Florida Blue ID card or request a new member ID card by visiting www.floridablue.com
Blue365 offers member discounts on Gym memberships and Lasik at LasikPlus Centers. Call 1-855-511-2583. To access Blue365, logon to: www.floridablue.com