MedicalHealth + Wellness
How It Works
District Employee Wellness Program
Our mission is to provide high-quality comprehensive programs, initiatives, and educational opportunities that positively impact individual health and foster a culture of wellness throughout the DCPS community.
- Weight management programs
- Diabetes management programs
- Diabetes prevention program
- Educational lunch-and-learns
- On-site flu shot clinics/health screenings
- Smoking cessation resources
Location: District Administration Building:
1701 Prudential Drive, 3rd Floor, Room 345
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Phone: 904-390-2076 or 2077
DCPS Personal Health Advocate
Florida Blue understands that each person has unique healthcare needs, and navigating the healthcare system is not always easy. To help, we offer a Personal Health Advocate for DCPS members. This is available to you at no extra cost, and can help you:
- Locate and research treatments for medical conditions
- Find “best-in-class” doctors, specialists and facilities
- Navigate within Florida Blue
- Get referrals
- Find answers about test results and treatment plans
NEW! Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Effective January 1, 2023, we are pleased to announce that Optum will now provide your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits. This program is free and confidential for employees, dependents and members living under the same household. A licensed professional EAP counselor can help you discover healthy ways to manage stress, anxiety, depression, workplace conflicts, substance abuse, relationship problems, living with chronic conditions, parenting, family issues and much more. Below are ways Optum will be able to assist you as your new EAP provider.
If you have any questions, please contact the Employee Benefits office at
(904) 390-2351.The Employee Wellness team sends a monthly newsletter to share health information and resources, discounts, webinars, and healthy recipes. To sign up, click here!
Up to 6 sessions to see a counselor one-on-one, in person or virtually.
For legal issues: A 30 minute legal consultation by phone or in person (25% discount if you hire an attorney),
Unlimited telephonic access to master’s-level counselors. Call 1 (866) 248-4096.
Help finding the right resources: Simply answer a few questions about how you are feelings – and your goals – at liveandworkwell.com and we will recommend resources to meet you where you are in your mental health journey.
For financial concerns: Guidance form a financial advisor to help with debt, foreclosure, financial planning and more.
If you participate in one of the DiabetesManagement Programs you can receive:
- FREE diabetic-related generic prescription medications (cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetic)
- FREE insulin
- FREE ongoing support from nurse health educators
Florida Blue On-site Representative: Jennie Cruz, 904-390-2323